New Zealand domestic student fees
The amounts shown for domestic student fees in the programme and course listings are meant as a guide only.
- For programmes longer than 12 months
The fee shown is for the first year of study only (unless otherwise stated)
- Where students have a choice of papers
For some major programmes the fee may represent an average cost for the programme of study. This is because different courses within a programme can have different fees, so your final cost is influenced by your choice of courses.
- Other costs
May include costs for text books, materials, uniforms and some exams which are not included in the general tuition.
- Compulsory Student Services Fee
The Compulsory Student Services Fee is charged on a capped per EFT (Equivalent Full Time) basis and is mandatory. Ara offers a range of student services and facilities designed to support students through their study. The Student Services levy makes a small contribution to the costs of the support services. These include; Health services and counselling, advocacy and legal advice, financial support and advice including hardship, careers information, advice and guidance, employment information, childcare and sports, recreation and cultural activities. Summer school, weekend college, fully on-line courses and courses which we have a commercial agreement or contract (eg STAR, ITO, L1&2) have exemption. For more information on how this fee was distributed across these services in 2018, please view the Compulsory Student Services Fee breakdown (PDF: 0.1MB)
International Student fees
- The amounts shown for international students in the course listings are NZ$.
- The fees quoted include GST, language support, airport pickup, free use of campus facilities, registration/enrolment fees, exam costs, and New Zealand Export Levy fees.
- To obtain a student visa the study fees must be paid by the due date shown on your invoice. You will then be sent an official receipt that is required by Immigration New Zealand before you can obtain your visa.
Browse the summary of the international course fees.
Standard charges for 2021
Browse the standard charges