Our Kaupapa – What Grounds Us
NGĀI MĀORI KI TE WHAI AO !!!
Whānau transformation through education, enterprise and agency.
At Ara, our values guide our actions.
We want your experience at Ara to be positive from beginning to end. We have a network of tutors and support people to help you stay the distance and graduate with the skills and attitudes you need to be successful in life.
Ultimately, however, you’re the central character of your journey, and the single three biggest factors in your success will be:
- Your commitment - attitude is everything.
- Your attendance - those who turn up are twice as likely to succeed than those who don’t.
- Your preparation – have a plan; understand how you learn best; do the work and keep your eyes on the prize.
Our job is to support you, and we have a dedicated team of Māori engagement advisors, learning advisors, and student support advisors. There’s also lots of kaupapa Māori events, so get involved, get learning, and be sure to have some fun along the way!
Kaupapa Māori at Ara
- Daily karakia and pānui – a great way to start the day
- Weekly waiata and haka sessions – grow your confidence and connections
- Noho Marae – a chance to stay on a marae
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori - Māori Language Week celebrations
- Matariki - Māori New Year celebrations
- Whakatau - formal welcome ceremonies at the beginning of each semester
- Eke Panuku & Rā Whakanui - end-of-year celebrations recognising Māori student participation and achievement
Your success is not just our business alone. We work with a number of other parties and partners to help ensure your learning journey at Ara is rich, relevant and rewarding.
Follow these links to find out more about four of our key strategic partners.