If you’re an enrolled Ara student facing unexpected hardship, there are several funds you can apply to which are designed to enable you to continue your current course of study. Your application is considered on its own merits as to whether it meets the fund’s criteria. Scholarships and awards are also available as another source of financial assistance. For further information visit Student Central at your campus.
Emergency Assistance Grant
If you’re an enrolled Ara student you can apply for emergency financial assistance of up to $100 for urgent needs, to enable you to continue with your study.
Ara Hardship Grant
If you’re an enrolled Ara student and your continued study is threatened by desperate, unanticipated financial circumstances you can apply to this grant.
Ara Completion Grant
You can apply to this grant if you’re an enrolled Ara student and circumstances relating to your study change, causing an unmanageable financial burden OR if you require assistance to complete your qualification and entry into employment.
Māori and Pacific Trades Training (MPTT) Learner Support Fund
If you are an enrolled MPTT funded student studying at Ara and you require financial assistance, then you can apply for this fund.
Other sources of financial assistance
- The Mayor's Welfare Fund - Limited assistance with Electricity, Wood and Rent
- Temporary Additional Support, Special Needs Grant, Advance Payments
- StudyLink - Urgent unexpected costs
- Christchurch Charity Hospital
- Angel Fund – Wahine Putea (Saving and Loan Fund) can give no-interest loans of up to $500 to women
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- text or phone 022 412 6435
- Good Shepherd NZ - supporting better futures for women experiencing disadvantage
- Good Loans - Good Shepherd NZ
- Salvation Army Christchurch - Foodbank New Zealand (Chch City Mission)
0800 24 24 76